Monastery of Duruelo

Get directionslocal interest
Added by JMM

The first monastery established by St. John of the Cross and Fr. Antonio of Jesus in 1568, using a small farmhouse which had been donated to St. Teresa of Avila. Soon the community outgrew the building, and moved to Mancera de Abajo in 1570, then Avila in 1600.

Last updated 3/16/2026
Loading map…